Photo: Kenta Jönsson/Bildbyrån

Dalkurd visited second placed Hammarby IF at Tele 2 Arena in Stockholm on Monday evening. The home team took control of the play from the start, but it was Dalkurd who almost took the lead. Mohamed Buya Turay came free on a counter attack, but couldn’t manage to get control of the ball in the penalty area and his shot went wide off a defender. Instead Hammarby took the lead after 13 minutes. Nikola Djurdjic steered in a cross from Björn Paulsen. Just four minutes later, Hammarby doubled their lead through Muamer Tankovic, who steered in a low cross from Neto Borges.

Dalkurd looked awful in the first half and Hammarby put pressure on the away goal but the new goalkeeper Stefan van der Lei was playing good in his first game. Dalkurd eventually scored but Buya Turay was offside. Instead Hammarby scored two more goals in the end of the first half. Djurdjic scored his second goal on a header from a right side cross and Jiloan Hamad did the same and it was 4-0 at the half time break. Dalkurd looked better after the break but carelessness from the defense gave Hammarby the chance to score their fifth goal. Van der Lei however saved Dalkurd a couple of times.

In the 84th minute, Dalkurd eventually got the goal. Buya Turay had a nice give-and-go with Rawez Lawan, dribbled past two Hammarby players, before he placed the ball inside the far post. A class act, but it was a little too late, Dalkurd lost the game 1-4. A new game awaits on Saturday, when Dalkurd hosts IK Sirius in the Uppsala derby, for an important game.

Allsvenskan – Monday July 23, at 19.00

Goalscorers Hammarby: 13′ Djurdjic, 17′ Tankovic, 36′ Djurdjic, 43′ Hamad
Goalscorers Dalkurd: 84′ Buya Turay
Bookings: 48′ Hamad, 72′ Solheim; 85′ Lawan

Lineup Dalkurd (3-5-2): van der Lei; Ceesay, Tranberg, Löfkvist; Strand, Ahmed, Amin, Sugita, Moënza; Ayaz, Buya Turay

Substitutions: 46′ UT: Tranberg IN: Lawan, 60′ UT: Ayaz IN: Stadler

Attendance: 19 969 personer
Referee: Robert Daradic
Venue: Tele 2 Arena, Stockholm