A tough away game awaited Dalkurd on Tuesday, when they visited Helsingborgs IF. It would appear to be an even and tight event. That it was much at stake, was marked in the beginning of the game, where both teams were more careful. Yet Dalkurd had the first shot on goal in the game through Rewan Amin. The midfield player had a go from distance, but the ball went straight on the Helsingborg goalkeeper Pär Hansson. When 15 minutes were played, Dalkurd had a great scoring opportunity. Kujtim Bala passed the ball to Rawez Lawan, who came through on the left side and passed the ball behind to Richard Yarsuvat. The forward player couldn’t hit the ball and it was still a goalless game. Eventually, Dalkurd could control the play and seize the game. Ammar Ahmed got served by Yarsuvat, in a good shooting position, but the shot from the midfield player could be saved by Hansson. The home team mostly focused on counter attacks, mainly through Alex Timossi Andersson and Lumala Abdu. But after approximately 35 minutes of play, Darijan Bojanic got a lot of space on Dalkurd’s court. The midfield player got a good shooting position, just outside the penalty area and also tried to shoot on goal, but the ball went high over the goal. In the end of the first half, Helsingborg would take the lead in the game. A shot steered on a Dalkurd player and there was an unfortunate miss in the communication when Robin Tranberg tried to nod the ball to Frank Pettersson, who was on his way out from the goal. The ball instead went into his own net and surely it was an undeserved lead, based on how the game had been. Just before the half time whistle was blown, Lawan fired a heavy shot from distance, that went just wide.

Bala was extremely close to an equalizer in the beginning of the second half. The left winger got into the penalty area from left side but his short went just wide off the far post. The equalizer would however arrive shortly after. Yukiya Sugita pulled up an attack, passed the ball out to Bala and quickly got himself into the penalty area. The balanced cross from Bala found Sugita’s forehead and the japanese player could nod the ball firmly into the net to make it 1-1. Dalkurd continued to push forward for a second goal, but it also meant that Helsingborg had opportunities to counter attack on. Max Svensson came through with 20 minutes left of the game and got two chances to score. Pettersson saved the first shot and the other shot went wide off the post. In the 78th minute Dalkurd could take the lead in the game. The subbed-in player, Peshraw Azizi pushed himself forward on a corner and could fire the ball into the net. The Helsingborg players were furious and wanted the goal to be called off for an offside. But the referee, Johan Krantz, allowed the goal and it was a 2-1 lead for Dalkurd. After the goal, Helsingborg began a febrile hunt for an equalizer. Abdu had the best opportunity in the dying minutes when he fired a tricky shot, while laying down in the penalty area. But Pettersson catched on to it and could save. The hunt for an equalizer would however result into a a goal in the final stage of the game. With seconds left, Oke Akpoveta could make it 2-2 for Helsingborg. Despite the late equalizer, the draw meant Dalkurd went on to clinch the first place in the standings.

There is a chance to get a revenge already this Saturday for Dalkurd, when they host Falkenbergs FF at Domnarvsvallen.



Goal scorers Helsingborg: 41’ Own goal, 95’ Akpoveta
Goal scorers Dalkurd: 55’ Sugita, 78’ Azizi

Lineups Helsingborgs IF (3-4-3): Hansson; Gyimah, Persson, Johansson; Ljung (45’ Achinioti-Jönsson), Landgren, Bojanic, Eriksson; Abdu, Timossi Andersson (77’ Akpoveta), Svensson (77’ Bradley Ralani)

Substitutes: Joelsson, Achinioti-Jönsson, Bradley Ralani, Dahlberg, Akpoveta, Samuel, Weberg

Lineups Dalkurd FF (3-5-2): Pettersson; De John, Ceesay, Tranberg (72’ Azizi); Stadler, Ahmed, Amin, Lawan, Bala (72’ Kerkich Amar); Sugita (76’ Bangura), Yarsuvat

Substitutes: Kljajic, Kerkich Amar, Randelovic, Azizi, Bangura, Moënza

Referee: Johan Krantz
Venue: Olympia, Helsingborg
Attendance: 6785 personer